Sunday, October 18, 2009

Due Date Comes...And Goes...

Tayva: Well, we held off posting in the hopes that we would have bebe pictures by now, but he is a stubborn child and wants to do things HIS way. Fine, baby, fine. But if you wait too long then we will EVICT you from your comfy little coccoon. Just keep that in mind...
In lieu of actual baby pictures, I will post some of the preggo pictures that Keeli (my sister) took. These last three weeks have been fairly uneventful, with a few exceptions. We got our new curtains up over the big living room window and the door, we bought a book telling us how to actually take care of an infant, and we got new phones (ones that actually work, yay!). All projects we were set on finishing before the baby came have been completed (except for binding Logan's books, which, sadly, must wait). Peter even got his homework done for Monday, in the hopes that baby was compassionately waiting for him to finish. But, alas, the seventeenth came and went, and baby did not put in an appearance.
We have tried everything that we can think of to convince him to come: bribery (ten dollars, ice cream, a pony), threats (of rent, eviction, poking), singing, reasoning, and even good, old begging. Yet Baby is impervious to them all. There is the possibility that he is gleefully fulfilling a form of the mother's curse (my mom's upon me), and waiting until the very last second to be born. You see, MY due date was October 17th as well--yet my birthday is October 31st. I can only hope and pray that my baby is kinder than I was. If he is not, however, he WILL be forced to wear the Jack O'Lantern onesie home from the hospital. That will be his punishment.

6 comments:

  1. Those pictures are lovely. I love the first one and the fourth especially. The look on Tayva's face is beautiful and so tender and loving. The yellow scarf adds is the perfect touch! And a pretty location. I'll stop gushing.

    Way to stick it out. I was such a weakling [well, exhaustion-induced weakness, it was. I tried to teach my kindergarten class as long as I could before Janie was born... not wise.] I finally told my doctor to "get her out!" only two days after her due date. He was happy to oblige as he was going out of town the next week. Kind of wish I'd waited, cuz I could have had more time to rest up for labor. Soon after she was welcomed she was wisked off to the NICU and I didn't get to see her for almost 12 hours because I was so exhausted/drugged that I couldn't get out of bed.

    Is this a bad story to tell you right now? I hope not. I think it's a good sign that you have been able to get so much done and rest up. Keep it up!

    We are thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tayva, just so you guys know, white women in their twenties gestate an average of 41+ weeks. Just saying...the baby knows when it needs to come out;) And definitely make him wear the onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute preggo Tayva, I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love them! You are so beautiful Tayva! We loved spending some time with you this weekend. It would have been fun if the boy had put in an appearence...but it was fun just hanging with you guys to.

    You are doing fantastic! Hang in there, get some sleep, and try to enjoy the peaceful (albeit frustrating) waiting time.

    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very tender pictures, you're going to be such a good mommy. I've seen you with little ones, you're a natural. Can't wait to see and hold this little one, so precious!
    Love, mom-vickie.

    ReplyDelete